When life gives you lemons, make lemon cheesecake!
I love lemons. It has such a refreshing flavour and it’s also good for your health.
We had a few guests over to celebrate Chinese New Year with us and I wanted to make a dessert for the night. Majority of the guests and my family prefer desserts that are less sweet, so I decided to make a lemon cheesecake for the occasion.
This cheesecake was easy to make as no baking was required. All I had to do was mix the ingredients together, pour the batter into the pan and it was ready to go in 4 hours after setting.
It was truly a crowd pleaser. All the guests enjoyed this cheesecake as it was light, tangy, slightly sour and not too sweet. Some even went for seconds & ordered for more for next time! It was a great dessert to end the night of Chinese New Year feasting.
Recipe for a 6 inch pan (from DimCook Guide)
6 Digestive biscuits
40g unsalted butter
200g cream cheese
100g pure yoghurt
10g gelatine sheets
1. Leave cream cheese in room temperature to soften for about 30 minutes. Zest and juice the lemon.
2. Combine lemon zest, lemon juice, cream cheese and yoghurt in the mixer. Add 75g of sugar and 20g of butter. Combine until there are no lumps. You could add more sugar if you wish.
3. Soak gelatine until soft. Melt gelatine and mix into the cream cheese mixture.
4. Mix cream until soft peaks are formed and gently fold cream into the cream cheese mixture.
5. Crush the digestive biscuits. Add 20g of butter and 30g of sugar and mix well. Pour the mixture into the pan and press well.
6. Pour the cream cheese batter into the pan and refrigerate for 4 hours.